PhotoScape is a free powerful photo editor. As we reviewed earlier, it’s full of various photo editing techniques among which there is image background editing. To replace an old background in PhotoScape, you can select one of the following methods: crop photo background, paint background or clone background. Each option has pros and cons. Have a look at a PhotoScape tutorial to apply the method that suites you best.
Crop background is a good way to remove photo background in PhotoScape. However, if you use this mode, you will save only important photo element with no background at all. Here is a step by step guide on how to crop a background as in the image sample:
- Open PhotoScape Editor tab;
- Select a photo;
- Choose “Crop Freely” and mark “Chop Round Image” as in the image above;
- Use your mouse to create a circle and stretch it to select the key area;
- Click “Crop” to preview the image without old background;
- Save cropped area to get an image without background.