Nowadays almost each hand-held gadget has a camera to make photos. The photo files usually need some photo editing. Let’s learn how to edit photos. There are plenty of photo editing tools for all skill levels: simple online photo editors, middle-level desktop picture editors, or advanced Adobe PhotoShop. This review is devoted to PhotoScape. You don’t need to be pro-photographer to edit your photos using this wonderful program. Check our PhotoScape quick tutorial for beginners.
What is PhotoScape?
PhotoScape free easy-to-use photo software, which helps view, edit photos, make photo slides, and create animated gifs of good quality. It’s not open-source software; if you’re looking for an open-source image editor, see our GIMP review here. Photo editing turns out to be fun, safe and amusing journey into photography world with original PhotoScape. Download and install PhotoScape from here onto your PC (Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP), select photos that are to be edited and launch this photo editing software.
- powerful for amateurs;
- supports RAW photos from SLR camera (Canon, Nikon, Pentax, etc) & digital cameras;
- editor & viewer in one tool;
- includes slideshow player and slideshow maker;
- creates animated gifs
- confusing interface;
- old-fashioned program style;
- complicated workflow (some things you need to learn how to find in the freeware);
- no Mac support
Look at few simple things you can start with.
What Can PhotoScape Do?
There are plenty of tools in PhotoScape toolbox. You can do almost all basic photo manipulation tricks with the help of PhotoScape. Let’s list the most popular PhotoScape photo editing features among beginners. See full list of PhotoScape features in action:
Top 5 Most Popular PhotoScape Features:
#1 PhotoScape Image Viewer
Of course, there’s an image viewer. Here’s a list of PhotoScape supported image formats: JPEG, JPG, BMP, PNG, GIF, TIFF, RAW, CR2, CRW, NEF, NRW. View your photo collection in left. Click Viewer tab and browse all photos stored on your computer.
#2 PhotoScape Photo Editor
Switch to Editor tab and select photos for your first photo editing project. Make sure you have a copy of your photo just in case something goes wrong. Drag and drop an image you want to edit. Use zoom in/out feature for precise photo editing. Rotate or flip photo if it’s necessary.
Try PhotoScape tools for amazing photo editing experience:
- Test a different photo style: serpia, gray, or convert your photo into a black and white image. You can always return to the original colorful photo palette by clicking Undo button on the right side.
- Resize your photo. Set pixel width and height or pick up a suitable size among PhotoScape templates.
- Modify the share of your photo. Make it rounded, or keep it rectangular.
- Adjust color, brightness, contrast manually or click Auto Level to do all work automatically.
- Add a photo frame. Chose the best frame out of dozens templates.
- Remove photo background. Click Backlight to illuminate picture background from beneath.
- Play with tons of photo effects hidden under Filter button to transform your picture in a real masterpiece.
Check the ultimate video guide with indepth overview of PhotoScape photo editing toolset:
#3 PhotoScape Raw Photo Converter
As we mentioned above, PhotoScape works with RAW files. So if you use Canon or Nikon to take pictures, PhotoScape can convert your RAW pics into high-resolution JPEG images, so you can share them with the whole world. See how to convert RAW images into JPG in PhotoScape in the video guide below:
#4 PhotoScape Collage Maker
PhotoScape is definetely of the best photo manipulation software for Windows as it can create photo collages of any kind for free. Go to Page or Combine Tab to explore collage maker options, You can add text to your photo collage, funny photo frame, apply various filters and effects, select any layout out of dozens of predefined collage templates.
Watch how to make photo collage in PhotoScape:
#5 PhotoScape Photo Printing
After uploading photos, editing and satisfying your artist nature, it’s a good time to save your first photo editing project made with PhotoScape. Click Save button and decide whether you want to replace the original photo or preserve it. Go to Print tab if you want to print your image.
Now you know how to edit photos with PhotoScape. Try batch mode, if you need to edit multiple photos at a time and enjoy your photography talent.
Learn more of PhotoScape tips & tricks ! Read PhotoScape Reviews:
How to Overlay Two Pictures
How to Change Photo Background
How to Use Screen Capture in PhotoScape
PhotoScape X Review in Details: Layers, Background, Color, Crop & More
Blog’s Freebie of the day: