iPad is an ideal device to view photos. Its touch-screen enables you to zoom pictures, make screenshots, flip them and move from one photo to another simply with a finger touch. If you want to transfer photos from Windows 10 PC to iPad, you can use iTunes and cable/cord to connect PC and iPad. Or there is a much easier way to copy pictures from computer to iPad wirelessly with the help of Dropbox and here’s our step by step guide about it.
If you somehow don’t want to deal with Dropbox app, here’s a quick alternative tutorial on how to transfer pictures from Windows laptop to iPad with iTunes.
How to Transfer Images from Windows 10 Computer to iPad WITH iTunes
iTunes is a free program developed by Apple for Windows and Mac computers that also transfers images to iPad. Follow 6 steps to export photos from laptop to iPad:
- download iTunes software from the Apple website and run it;
- plug a cable/cord which you got with iPad into the computer and your iOS device;
- grant PC your permission to access iPad folders and enter your iOS PIN code, if necessary;
- sync them both following the wizard inside iTunes;
- tap a picture to view it on iPad;
- remove cables from the computer and iPad.
Watch the video tutorial below showing you how to sync Windows PC and iPad via iTunes to transfer pics from PC to iPad:
Aren’t there too many steps to go for copying several family photos to iPad?
Lots of people thinks so and search for a simpler and more elegant way to copy images from a computer to iPad without bulky iTunes. The best tool I can recommend for transferring photos from PC to iPad is Dropbox.
How to Transfer Images from PC to iPad WITHOUT iTunes? Easily – Use Dropbox
Dropbox is a free app for Mac, Linux, and Windows computers (as well as netbooks). It stores a copy of your photographs in a cloud server and delivers your files to all devices including iPad, iPhone, Android etc. Dropbox is incredibly simply to use and doesn’t require any advanced configuration, cables or tech skills from your side. All you should have is an Internet access. Dropbox will grant you 2 GB free space to copy your images such as JPEG, PNG, GIF, RAW, BMP and others. Dropbox isn’t only about file manager app, it’s a free image viewer for iPad (see also the top 10 list of great photo apps for iPad), PDF reader and even text editor.
Here’s a guide how to transfer photos from Windows 10 laptop to iPad with Dropbox:
- install Dropbox app on your computer and create a free account. If you already have Dropbox, just proceed to step #2;
- drag and drop your photos to Dropbox folder on your PC;
- download and launch Dropbox app on your iPad. The Recents folder will open;
- Dropbox automatically sends new photos from your computer to your iPad;
- open a photo, click the arrow sign in the upper right corner and save the photo to your iPad photo library to see it offline.
You are done. Now all your images from computer are stored on your iPad offline. No need to deal with iTunes, learn how it works and read Mac forums. Just get Dropbox and enjoy your pictures on any device. As you see, photos are transferred to iPad easily and in a hassle-free manner.
Watch Dropbox video tutorial and learn how to copy images from Windows desktop to iPad:
Seem easy, right? If you still have questions about Dropbox file transfer, don’t hesitate to ask questions in the comments below! We’re here to help you!