Beauty is an incredible weapon. A right haircut makes us self-confident. When we go to a hairdresser to change hairstyle, we may feel uncertainty. A new haircut is a long-term investment in appearance. If it doesn’t go well, you may feel ill at ease and less self-assured. Did you ever dream to change your look or try new haircut, but uncertainty in successful outcome stopped you from something new?
Give a try to jKiwi, free desktop software that casts away all doubts. jKiwi is a virtual appearance makeover that helps you try various haircuts, makeup and eye colors. There are over 35 hair tints among them ash pearl blond, medium gold cooper, light cocoa brown or exotic blue, violet and green. Besides, you may pick up one of 30 highlights colors for a sophisticated style. You can put on diverse mascara from the rich palette of blush, eye shadows, lip glosses and toners. jKiwi application makes easy and funny personal style change.
One of jKiwi advantages is that all haircut/mascara transitions and applications look very smooth and naturally. It allows you actually to judge whether a style is the right choice for you. You will be surprised by the way you look. jKiwi suggests fresh ideas. It inspires to try the style you would never have on your mind indeed.
jKiwi is simple to use. Download and install Windows or Linux version. Sometimes it may require installing Java update as in my case.
How jKiwi Works
1. Launch the program, go to File, Open any picture folder and select your photo.
It’s desirable to choose a square photo of your face. My tests show that optimal image size is approximately 700x700 pixels.
2. Pick up a face type template. Fit the image in the frame of the template.
Your photo will appear in a separate window.
3. Choose any tab in the program window: hair, shadow, blush and start your style change.
Try full screen mode for precise editing (go to View tab in the Project Window).
4. You're done! Don’t forget to compare before and after images. You may revert changes anytime.
Though I need to mention, jKiwi have few drawbacks:
- Lack of Help information & guides;
- Print function doesn’t work properly;
- “Save as” feature didn't work correctly (maybe in my test only).
Upon the whole, jKiwi is a great application for home usage. I would highly recommend jKiwi due to 2 main facts: it saves your money and gives food for thought.