Everyone who works with piles of digital images, scanned faxes, PDF-documents, Photoshop files, and other stuff of that kind is familiar with standard Microsoft Document Viewer. Say it frankly, is it enough? If yes, skip this post, if no, go on reading.
I’ll ask the question and I’ll answer it myself basing on my personal experience. What a good viewer program should possess so that its users would run about and enthusiastically tell everybody how good it is?
Tick off points on your fingers. The perfect viewer has to:
- support a manifold of formats as there are plenty of exotic ones specific for various parts of the world;
- have a user-friendly interface (someone can object that it applies to all programs but I meant a big clear space left for image viewing);
- have a tool set to process files;
- be sold at a reasonable price and ideally be free of charge;
- offer some small but pleasant features as a compliment;
- have a multilingual support.